High-quality custom stickers: Which sticker material should you choose?
When it comes to custom stickers, the material you choose is important. Not all materials are the same, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here’s a look at the most important questions and considerations you should take into account when choosing your sticker material, so you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you.
How will you use your stickers?
The material you choose for your stickers is important, as it will affect how they are used. Some materials are better suited for certain applications than others. Oftentimes, your intended use limits your material choices. So let’s have a look at the most popular uses:
- Packaging stickers: Packaging stickers need to match your overall product. Biodegradable paper labels are super popular when you are working with cardboard boxes. They create a beautifully textured finish.
- Limited edition stickers: If you’re using them for a limited edition run, you’ll want something that has a unique look and will be seen. Opt for a luxurious metallic material or a bright neon!
- Custom logo stickers: Your logo is an extension of your brand. Choose a material that represents your values. If you want customers to use your logo stickers on their laptops and phones, opt for a vinyl base.
Do they need to be waterproof?
Consider how the stickers will be used and what kind of environment they’ll be exposed to before making a decision. After all, the last thing you want is for your stickers to start peeling within days.
- Waterproof materials are a good choice if your stickers will be exposed to water or other elements. They are laminated to be resistant and ideal for products that will be used outside or in the shower.
- Splash proof materials like paper should only be used indoors, as they do not withstand the elements as much as vinyl stickers. Occasional splashes of water are not a problem, though.
What look are you after?
When it comes to custom stickers, the appearance of the sticker matters. It’s what will set them apart from other brands and make them unique to your business or event. You have several options when it comes to the appearance of your sticker:
- Metallic materials give a high-end look and are perfect for luxury brands or events. They reflect light and give off an elegant shine. Try out custom holographic stickers for your next campaign.
- Fluorescent materials are perfect for companies or events looking to grab attention. They come in different colors and really pop in the dark!
- Paper materials are not only much better for the environment, but their matte, textured finish also gives your brand a homemade, artisan look.
Keep those questions in mind before you order stickers online, and you will be sure to make the right decision. With so many options available, there’s sure to be a perfect material for your needs! Do you have a favorite yet? Let us know in the comments below.